Friday, April 15, 2011

5 Things NOT To Do After Returning From Abroad

I'm beginning to feel like my time in Singapore is nearly over.  I'm headed to Hong Kong tomorrow, coming back to Singapore for a day, going to see Justin Bieber in KL, then it's my last week of class, then I'm going to Bali for a week, then I have finals, then Bangkok, back to Singapore, and finally Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, and HOME.  Though this is all happening over 2 months, I have no doubt that it's going to fly by.  It's pretty crazy to think about considering I feel like I just got here.  I can still vividly remember the feeling of my Mom leaving me in the hotel room at 3am in the morning.  I was still jet-lagged so my body forced me to stay awake and deal with the emotional train that hit me right when she left.  I was all alone in a new country on the opposite side of the world from what I then called home without a clue of what to expect.

I like to think I've come a long way since then.  Of course this is extremely cliché, but I feel like a much more cultured person.  HOWEVER, I can't help but think that I will be extremely annoying based on an article I stumbled upon about 5 Things NOT To Do After Returning From Abroad - tips for successful reentry to the US after studying abroad.  This is a little premature, but I thought it was funny because of the truth in it.  I can already here myself beginning every comment I make with "Well, when I was in Singapore/ Thailand/ The Philippines/ Indonesia/ etc...."  I think that my many friends abroad right now will find humor in this too.  Let's try to not get on each other's nerves when we all get back ;)


Article: 5 Things NOT To Do After Returning From Abroad


I'll do my best, but let me just apologize in advance for everything that I may say or do that is extremely annoying.  You have my permission to slap me.

No comments:

Post a Comment