Monday, March 28, 2011

How did I live without them for 20 years?

Post #3 on the Philippines

My Spring Break 2011 began around 9pm on Thursday, March 10th.  I was headed to the Philippines a couple days before my friends to visit some family.  This would be my second time to visit.  My first time was when I was 8 years old and I was with my mom, so you can imagine I had some feelings about it.  On my 2 hour voyage to the airport via public transportation to catch my 1:15am flight, I had so many thoughts running through my head.  "What will I talk about with them?"  "Do they remember me?"  "What will we do?"  "Is their English good?"  "I wish my mom was here!"  etc...  I wouldn't say I was nervous, more like anxious and excited.  I really had no idea what to expect.  I think my family in the US could've been more excited than I was considering about 7 of them called within the first 2 hours I was there.

I ended up having the most wonderful time with them and I was so sad to leave.  The first time I left the Philippines I cried the whole plane ride from Manila to Japan (sorry Mom).  I kept myself together this time, but I might've shed a tear.  This is my tribute to them.  Thank you for making my time there so enjoyable.  Miss you all!




           

No comments:

Post a Comment